Sunday, October 8, 2017

Weren't near any bayou,but.



We did venture out and ended up in beautiful downtown Port Byron Ill. My sister in law always snowbirds down south around this time every year. So she invited the family out for dinner.

Alas no pizza to be found,but hey! A free dinner is a free dinner, so I'm not complaining.

Yours truly in his favorite time of the year. Halloween has always been the best time for me. I love it. Just wish the weather would cool off a bit.



Eastbound on I-80 and over the river.









So. We all went to Port Byron to Tuggers. It's a Burger Bar and Ale House according to their website.

http://www.tuggersportbyron.com/

A few outdoor pics.








Really like the indoor area although the metal seats were plain down right uncomfortable and alone a reason for me to never go back. Seriously even the wife hated them.






The men's  room was spotless!




The menu.





Now it's time for me to be honest. This type of place is not really any place I would go out of my way to stop and try out. Like I said up top free is free.

That said. I ordered this pork chili tater tot casserole type dish. It was tasty and the serving size was generous. The wife got some hamburger and it did look delish and came with fresh cut fries.






I won't give Tuggers any type of rating because I wasn't really there to try out the menu like we do for pizza. You certainly couldn't do worse if you are in the area and looking for a burger. And hey,Port Byron,Rapids City and LeClaire this time of year is a good reason to see the river and view the leaves changing.

Hopefully we will got back into the swing of more regular updates. The wife is recovering from some medical issues and is just now starting to feel better.


As always, pizza is life!

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment