Saturday, November 17, 2018

If I get traded in



I found a gal that dishes out pizza. I did not get her name but,I'll be back.






Okay.The wife and I had are sans thirteen year old tonight.We finally visited Crust in Bettendorf.

http://cruststoneovenpizzaqc.com/

We have been past this place over one million times.For some reason we have not been there. Whether it be word of mouth. Too expensive whatever.

That changed today. Good ole rum frontloading.



Crust.



I had to visit the men's room. Pretty clean although tucked in behind the kitchen.


We ordered some cheese nuggets. They tasted like funnel cake batter. I didn't like them much although we did eat them all.






The star of the show. The pizza. I'll tell you what. Crust Pizza has a Chicago Style Tavern crust that is lights out!

Sheri and I finally found a pizza crust in the QC we both love and I'm not lying.






So this pizza is goddang awesome! Everything about it was great. The sausage nice and chunky.Veggies were fresh. The sauce good. The star of the show was the crust. I'd put this crust up against my personal favorite of Zoey's in Marion. That's how great this pizza was.




It's been awhile since we have really done a pizza update. So many places and joints to visit. I must say that Crust Pizza (while a wee spendy) is top notch!

The wife and I both agree Crust is worth your pizza dollars. Go there!


Scotty





6 comments:

  1. It's on our to do list of places to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will like it Derek. Be prepared for a healthy bill. Like I said a wee bit pricy,tho well worth it.

      Delete
  2. A couple of things I would ding it on, it could have used a bit more cheese, and all of the way out to the crust, second, it seemed it could have cooked a bit more in the middle. I love the taste of crust that is either from a brick oven or wood fired oven, that being said, it had that taste. I can only imagine what a Quad City Style crust would taste like if it were cooked this way. To address the middle seeming not cooked through because the crust didn't get crunchy on the bottom like I would expect, maybe because of the all of the toppings, we ordered the supreme, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and green pepper. All very fresh ingredients. Sometimes and just speculation on my part that the more toppings on a pizza creates more steam and keeps it from getting that crusty bottom. But I will also add that all of the toppings were on top of the cheese, just the way I like it. I give it a solid 9!

    ReplyDelete