Sunday, September 8, 2019

Station to Station



Sometimes you just need to kick it old school. Doesn't get much better than Montrose no doubt. So Space Station 5 leads us into this installment of the QC Pizza Blog.

A Quad City institution. I must admit I haven't been to The Filling Station in forever. Let's go!

http://www.thefillingstationdavenportiowa.com/

I cannot remember the last time I have been there. I have driven past there many many times though.

Right off Brady St in Davenport. Sanchos is just to the south across Duck Creek. Hmm. Haven't been there in a long while either.




Having frontloaded some rum and cokes. I availed the facilities right away. The bathroom was fairly clean. We were there after lunch,but beat the dinner time rush around 430 ish. So all in all the restroom was ok.





The menu. I didn't get very good pics. The Filling Station was dark enough inside for phone to use the flash. My picture skills are inadequate to say the least.







Quite the menu. In all honesty. This was a family gathering so we were splitting time between blogging and yakking, Good fun tho!

I ordered a 12 inch thin crust deluxe. Sausage,Pepperoni,Mushrooms and Green Peppers.
Sher ordered a breaded pork tenderloin.
The kid,as usual ordered chicken strips.
Various in laws and outlaws got chicken wings,onion rings,burgers and more pizza.







So how was the food?

The pizza could have been a home run if baked another five minutes. Sigh. This is my lament. Nobody seems to bake the zza long enough for my liking. The star of this pizza was the sauce. If you like saucy pizza head right over to the Filling Station. The toppings were okay.

The tenderloin was dang tasty. No real big,but big enough for the eight inch bun. Good crunch and thickness.

I did cadge some of my brother in law's chicken wings. Typical wings. I like my wings baked,I digress.

A few random pics. There was an outdoor volleyball court that was in action while we were there also.



I feel the need for Montrose.



Final thoughts. The Filling Station is like that old friend you tend to lose touch with. Always there,but you never seem to have the time to visit. Lord knows I have been by there a lot and always told the wife we should check it out.

I give it a good solid 8 on the Scotty scale.

As always

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment