Saturday, February 6, 2016

Okay! We decided to head across the river to beautiful downtown Rock Island Illinois for some deep dish Huckelberry's Pizza. Sheri nor I have been to Huckelberry's in like forever.Their pizza is not a real Quad City style pizza.We got a deep dish sausage,pepperoni,green peppers,onions and mushroom.That is usually our go to pizza.

A few quick thoughts.The pizza was loaded.The sauce was the star of this pizza.The crust was a typical deep dish(to be honest that is not my fave style of crust)but Sheri likes deep dish so I have to bite the bullet every now and then.What was cool is they had the real Coca-Cola! That real sugary shit!

Got to frontload as usual.

Moll and the dog are thrilled.


Okay.Some pics of Huckleberry's.It's been a while since we have been there and I had honestly forgot what the place looked liked.











The mens bathroom was clean.






Some interlude and family time photos.Goofing off more than likely!












Allrighty then it's time for the reason we cruised to Rock Island.The pizza! And delicious it was.We ate half of it.Gooey deep dish goodness.While deep dish is not my fave Huck's was pretty good.








Our lovely waitress and me.We tipped her pretty damned good.





Final thoughts from Huckleberry's.This type of pizza is what Sheri likes more than I do.I guess I have been Borged to the Frank's,Harris type pizza.Sheri and I agreed Huck's sauce was really good tasting.The deep dish crust was as expected.The toppings were plentiful too.

Our waitress was on the ball and we tipped her a ten spot.Will we go back?Sure.They have other types of crusts and their sauce was for sure the best!

Now as a bonus.We were in the west end of Davenport so we cruised on over to Harris on 3rd St.Just to take a few pics.




As an extra extra bonus we were close to Uncle Bills so we drove over there too!







As always this blog is a work in progress and we do this because well we effin love pizza!

Enjoy!
Now it's time for a rum and coke.

Scott

I need to PS this post a bit.I forgot to add my Scotty scale of pizza goodness.I'm going to give Huckleberry's a solid 8.
A few reasons.
1.It's not my favorite style of pizza.Although the taste was great
2. A wee bit on the pricey side.

At some point we will return for a different crust from Hucks.

5 comments:

  1. Not sure what the left over pizza will taste like,but we will eat it anyways.Huckleberry's is legit! Go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huckleberry's calzones are awesome, but they take forever to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intrigued by the seafood calzone.While Huckleberry's was good pizza,I'm not sure the dollar value will bring us back for awhile.A 50 spot for 3 drinks,a pizza and tip was kinda stiff.Good pizza for sure.We have many more eats to visit.Glad you like our post my friend!

      Delete
  3. Deep dish isn't my thing either, but I'm sure there's some decent out there. Like,of course, Lou Malnotti's in Chi town. Great job on the critique, even checked out the bathrooms. Nice! Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just never been a fan of deep dish pizza.Too much crust I guess.That's why my preference is a thinner crust.Our visit to Fields Of Pizza a few weeks ago led me to proclaim it the best QC Style pizza crust I've had in a long time.We have many more pizza joynts to check out!

      Delete