Sunday, June 4, 2017


Yeah.It's been awhile. When I found out Tony's Pizza from Moline opened up shop in West Davenport I couldn't Hardly Wait,I Can't Wait. Not sure if Jesus rides beside me,but with Bob and Paul serenading we drove for some pizza.

I've made mention of trying not to repeat any pizza joints and for the most part we haven't. With the news Tony's opened up on West Kimberly, I just had to go. See my Tony's trip from Moline elsewhere in this blog.

Yours truly enjoying some rum on the patio beforehand.





Watchin the pool get filled.






Okay. On with the show. So Tony's Pizza from Moline for some reason decided to open up a joint in West Davenport(yay)!  I think Davenport is in for a treat with Tony's around. I've professed my love for QC Style Pizza many times on this blog and Tony's is different in a good way

Tony's claims to be a Chicago Style Thick and Thin crust joint. It's for sure not a Frank's,Harris,Uncle Bills et al type pizza.

They opened up shop in West Davenport by the Hy-Vee and Checkers area by Kimberly and Pine St.

The Batmobile.


Some outdoor and indoor shots.






The single stall bathroom was clean!




A few more indoor shots.






Oooo pizza!




Allright,allright,enough goofin around.Time for the stars of this show.

Let me just say before hand. We ordered a small deep dish Tony's Deluxe(sausage,onion,mushroom and pepperoni) And a large thin crust triple sausage. Lesson learned from Tony's in Moline. Chintzy on the toppings hence the triple sausage.






Enough leftovers for another meal!


Final thoughts. From the moment I heard Tony's opened up in Davenport, I knew that was going to be our next trip. Tony's is that great!

I'm not much of a deep dish fan so I only had a few bites from Moll's plate. The toppings and sauce were top notch.I don't much care for the cakey type deep dish crust.although it did taste good.

The thin crust. Oh my the thin crust is the star of this show. Thin and with a perfect crunch. The triple sausage and cheese was a home run.

Not sure what Sheri thinks,but I'm giving Tony's Pizza in Davenport a solid 9.5. I don't often give out really good reviews,but this pizza is that good.

We will be back!





As always. We do this because we love pizza. YMMV.

Cheers

Scotty

3 comments:

  1. I think the new Davenport location may be better than the Moline one. The toppings and cheese seemed more abundant. I give it a solid 9!! A newer building in Davenport and was clean, but I like the atmosphere of the Moline location. Both pizzas were cooked perfectly, and the thin crust seemed to be cooked a bit longer than the night we visited the Moline location. Their Italian sausage is a good chunky Italian. The sauce on the deep dish, was chunky and a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry Scotty! Tony's is the closest you can get to TRUE Chicago-style in the QC. A couple of my colleagues here at WQAD are from Chicago and say it is the real deal. I'm not always a fan of deep dish, but if I'm gonna get it, I want it to be authentic, and Tony's hits the spot. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rank Tony's in my top 3 of pizza places in this area. I love their thin crust.

      Delete