Saturday, April 13, 2019

Bring your own Lampshade!



On a roll I know. The wife is slowly becoming healthy again. Spring is here and I actually had to bust out the lawnmower today.

Moll has a visiting friend over and we were stumped where to go. Thirteen and fourteen  year old girls would rather titter,giggle and want chicken tenders.

So Moll and her buddy Maddie decided a 30 piece and fries were what they wanted. Makes my heart warm to see Moll have her best friend over that had to move away due to circumstances. They get to visit about every three months.






Lucy is not impressed.










Cheap advertising? I don't care. I'm not a girl. They wanted this and for the wife and I to leave. They have important girl things to discuss.







Okay. On with the show. As usual. We wrangled and wrestled where to eat. Our first stop was packed and I said I'm not waiting 45 minutes for a table.

But,that was a good thing. Because rightly so. Sheri and I found our newest bestest favorite pizza in the Quad Cities and I am not lying!

The Treehouse. It's down on East Kimberly around the Home Depot area.

https://www.treehouseqc.com/


I've heard good and bad things about this place and have been by a million times.

What I can say having had the pizza is that it is my newest favorite pizza in the entire QC area.

I do not say that lightly. Those of you that really know me know I take pizza like life and death.






The bathroom was okay.






Alas I did not get any pics of the menu. Although go to the link I provided all is revealed.

And. It's not Heinz. It's not Hunts. It's French's ketchup. I can't recall the last time I have seen this ketchup ever. Dang tasty too!





Let's get to it. I had perused the Treehouse's menu before and I had a pretty good idea of what I and Sheri would order.

Full confession time. Lately we have split our QC Pizza Blog time between pizza and breaded Tenderloins.

So that is what we got.

Well?

Outstanding!!!!!!!

The tenderloin dare I say it rivals Stout's in Clinton. Meaty,moist with a perfect crunchy breading.






 The pizza? Now. You all know my love for pizza. Right? Right.

I'll be right up font and say the Treehouse pizza has vaulted right up to Numero Uno as my favorite pizza in the Quad Cities.

A thin tavern style crust. Chunky sausage. Zippy sauce.Could have had a little more cheese,but that is nit pickin.

This pizza is off the hook awesome!








Final thoughts.






Bears. Wooden Bears.

Winter is over,I digress.


Final thoughts. The parking lot is steep. Don't fall down.



Let's get to the end.

Will Sher and I go back to The Treehouse Eatery? Heck yes. Sher has way different taste's in pizza and she loved Treehouse's pizza.

I am gushing like my 13 year old. The pizza is off the charts. The tenderloin rivals any thing around here. I count Stout's in Clinton as a fave. The Treehouse is just as good.

I can say. I had my reservations about The Treehouse Eatery. I'm like you all. I read all the online Yelp,Tripadvisor et al reviews.

My experience was just fine. We were seated promptly. Our waitress was attentive. Drinks and food came out when they should have.

The owner? I had a quick ten second chat. I gave him a quick thumbs up.

On my Scotty scale of food?  I give The Treehouse a good solid 9.5 for everything. The pizza alone is well worth the visit.

Go there.

Scott

4 comments:

  1. The best pizza in the Quad Cities for that style of thin crust pizza. I hate to say it, but it beat out Tony's thin crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here i thought harris pizza was the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Unknown. Harris,Franks,Uncle Bills et al are of the Quad City style of pizza. I love that pizza too. I'm providing choices for everyone reading this blog. Too be honest. There haven't been many pizza's I could not like.

      Delete