Saturday, April 6, 2019

The world needs ditch diggers too!


Wow! Back to back blog updates. The wife is now walking with a cane and going back to work shortly. Hopefully our postings get back to where we were last year before everything turned to dreck.

Last week we were in Clinton County. Guess what? We are going back to Clinton County for another QC Pizza blog post. No pizza this week. My brother in law wanted us to celebrate his birthday with him at Bushwood Country Club in the greater Calamus Iowa area.







Okay it's not Bushwood where the swells hang out. It's Wapsi Oaks. My brothers in law love to golf. I learned long ago about a man and his limitations. My limitation is that I am (according to Charles Barkley) a turrible,turrible golfer. I gave it up to maintain my sanity and an incurable slice.





https://www.wapsioaks.com/



  She's alright finally! Full confession. I just love the jam sessions at Darryl Hall's studio




 The best part is the wife can now drive again. That means I get to pre cocktail before we go!

Cheers





The Mrs. You don't know how happy she is to be able to drive the Batmobile again.Can you imagine not being able to drive for 10 weeks or at all?





So, The whole point of this blog update was my brother in law Larry's birthday. He wanted for us to go to Wapsi Oaks for food. Food is what we got.






After a quick 25 minute jaunt from Eldridge to Calamus I had to use the bathroom. Nice and clean.






On with the food. In all honesty I did not get many pictures of food.

I will say.Wapsi Oaks menu is kick ass! I had my doubts. I shouldn't have. Calamus Iowa is kind of out in the proverbial nowhere. We ran into some dear friends of ours we hadn't seen in a few years. Kim and Kirby we need to reconnect!

The wife and I both ordered the same steak. A 14 ounce NY Strip. She had veggies. I had potato,baked.

I did not get many pics of the steak,but let me just say. Wapsi Oaks has seriously a great menu. Our steaks were cooked perfect. Great flavor. Great service.Great atmosphere too.

Sher and I agreed we would go back just for the steak. Seriously.




 A bit of our family. My brother in law Larry couldn't be more of a friend and he loves us.










Obviously not a pizza oriented blog update. But. I repeat, but. If you are in the general vicinity of Calamus Iowa and wanting a steak. Wapsi Oaks has a great menu.A great bar. Great staff and food.

Would I steer you wrong? I can't.I can say Wapsi Oaks filled up quickly. that tells me people from around that area know where good food is.

I'm gonna give Wapsi Oaks a 9.5 on the Scotty scale of steak. We will go back there for the food and you should too!









No comments:

Post a Comment