Saturday, April 27, 2019

Hello old friend



Confession time. We are visiting a pizza joint I used to visit fairly often way back when. For some reason I quit going there. Not sure why although the vagaries of life do happen.

This QC Pizza Blog update is straight up pizza for a change. We are venturing across the river to Pizza And Sub's in Rock Island.

https://pizzaandsubsqc.com/

And so today is one of those dreary spring days. But the wife,kid and I are actually all on the same page and looking forward to this blog update. I mean we are excited to go. I think we might try out a few extra personal size pizza's.

I don't know about you all fine readers,but our dour situation is finally healing and my family unit is getting back to where we were over a year ago. Thank you for staying with us.

We are.



On with the show. Cocktail time.






The wife finally can smile too.





The kid.




Okay and on with the show. Over the river and thru the Saukie woods to Pizza and Sub's we go.







The menu.










The pizza's.

A personal size Taco.




A personal size Pesto Especial.


A medium half pepperoni half sausage.





So let's cut to the chase. The wife and kid seemed to like their pizza's. The sausage and  pepperoni I ordered was bland. The crust was the only thing I could say was okay.

Will I go back to Pizza and Sub's? Not likely. I always try and find something to like from a pizza place. I can't give this trip more than a 5.

Sorry. I call it like I taste it. Not as bad as Manny's in Fulton Illinois,but right behind in ranking.

On the way back. We stopped to take a pic from Igor's. Go there instead.






As an aside. I've had a Dairy Queen gift card in my wallet forever. Two vanilla malts were great!






Final thoughts. Sometimes doing this blog we visit a place with high hopes. I always try and find something to be positive about each place we visit. Alas. I did not find pizza goodness today. The wife and kid begged to differ,but this isn't their blog.

As I always tell my coworkers. We shall endeavor to persevere.There is always pizza goodness right around the corner

Cheers

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment