Saturday, June 1, 2024

Some old time nostalgia today

 I had a hankering for the other white meat today. Yes, I needed a tenderloin in my life. We had attempted a place over in Silvis Illinois which shall remain nameless as those plans fell through.

Although we will get back over the river sometime for another try.

Those around my area all have great memories of Maid Rites and those beautiful grease bombs that need a spoon to eat up.


A quick vid down memory lane for us old timers, For that is the old timey  vibe one gets from a Maid Rite.


Allrighty lets go! Like I said I had a need for a tenderloin and the wife wanted that ole loose meat sandwich. Off to the nearest Maid Rite to us which is on 53rd and Jersey Ridge in Davenport Iowa

https://www.maid-rite.com/ 

 


 

 The Chicken Strip Whisperer and I were in the mood for some malts. The wife got a Coke. They were delicious too.





 As usual. I had frontloaded a wee bit of whiskey. So,hey. Let's see how clean the mens room was. I was pleasantly surprised how clean it was too.



A few pics for the vibe. And the music was straight out of the 60's. 




The wife and The Whisperer both ordered your basic maid rite and french fries.


Like I said. I was in the mood for a tenderloin and wow! This loin was Tony The Tiger great!!!!!

Large,perfect crucnhy breading and very tasty. I say it ranks right up there with any tenderloin around this area. It was that good.




 I recommend your local Maid Rite if you have a jones for some good old fashioned feel good comfort food.



 I only ate half of that tenderloin and I am stuffed.

Scotty

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Lunch leftover for tomorrow..it all looks delicious…dog😂

    ReplyDelete